Thursday 30 June 2011

Strings and things

So yesterday I booked tickets to go and see James play with a full orchestra and choir, I am immensely excited. I love bands getting involved with orchestras and adding strings just makes a track sound so much bigger. The band are going to do a lot of their back catalogue and maybe even some covers. The tickets go on general release tomorrow (Friday 1st July). Now I've had a search for an example of James playing with an orchestra (they did a charity gig before) but the recordings were pretty poor.

Instead below is an orchestral piece with choir used in Doctor Who that is fantastic, it's the main theme from the most recent series that have Matt Smith playing the Doctor. This is just posted on YouTube but I recommend getting the original version (off iTunes) and playing it LOUD - not on laptop speakers...

No comments: