Tuesday 13 September 2011

The Whip - Live


A while back I had a ridiculous idea, I would like to see each band that featured in my Top 25 most played tracks on iTunes. It can't be that hard can it, after all I have already seen White Lies, Elbow, Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, The Courteeners,  The Virgins and some of those appear more than once so it surely it's achievable. Looking further down the list there's Red Light Company, not sure how they made it in the top 25 but I've seen them too. Ah wait, there's Queen and Dire Straits, they might be a bit trickier. Maybe I could see the song that's in the Top 25 performed live, would that do? Well either way there was one I ticked off last night, Trash by The Whip which sits high up in the list - quite rightly at number 12. As my friend came all the way over to Bristol to see Two Door Cinema Club with me recently surely I could make the trip to London to see The Whip perform. So with their new album pre-ordered and enjoying the five track sampler you get for pre-ordering I headed to London village.

The crowd was certainly older than TDCC but then again most crowds at cinemas are older than that crowd. So without being self conscious of our ages we enjoyed a band fronted by a George McFly lookalike and moshed our arses off to Trash. Number 12 ticked off.





No comments: