Thursday 13 December 2012

Citizens!



As I commented on Schonberg's last post I suddenly realised I'd been keeping my enjoyment of a track to myself. That track is of course True Romance by London based Citizens!. Not the first band to title their track True Romance, the track by Golden Silvers instantly springs to mind. So to name your track the same within such a short space of time suggests you've got some balls and are proud of your track. And Citizens! should be proud of this track. It came out at the end of last year and at the time it was just another track on a playlist for me but it didn't take long for it to grow on me and really stand out  What a track it is, it hides at the start creeping in to your subconscious until before you know it you're singing (screaming in my case) along to the track. Check out the video above, it's got the feel of a Lynx advert but don't let that put you off. Just like the song it draws you in.

Checking out their web site I listened to some other tracks and I think they've got a bit in common with Frankie and the Heartstrings. I decided to buy the album, you can too by clicking here. At the time of typing it's only a fiver...

No comments: