Sunday 13 June 2010

The Honey Pies


With 739 unread emails in my inbox I'm having to pick and choose which "request for submission" I pay attention to so it's always nice to get an email from an actual band member. Visiting their site I knew I'd get on with them when I saw their tour poster (see above) it's not that it's clever or funny but it's their "if you like our music you'll find out our tour dates" attitude. Turns out they're touring in Australia which is a bit of a trek for me (I'm struggling to get in to Bristol for gigs at the moment). However I can enjoy the pleasures of their music in my own home by downloading their EP for free here (you can of course make a donation if you like).

Their music has a Pete Doherty influenced feel to it, that kind of 'retro' but at the same time 'current' sound.

No comments: