Wednesday 18 November 2009

Confrontation - Mansfield Holiday

This band were recommended to us and so I thought I'd open it up for discussion. I think they show real promise so I thought I'd let Schonberg and Sas have a listen and see what they thought. Schonberg thought Mansfield Holiday had elements of Art Brut and Pigeon Detectives, perhaps lacking the wit and catchy choruses of those two. However he did say that "any band that quote The Wedding Present and The Smiths are alright by me." Sas felt they needed to work on their lyrics more, feeling no connection to them. I think they show potential and a band that are only just making their first steps in the world (2000 listens so far on Myspace) could surprise us when they hit that killer track. I look forward to you, Mr/Mrs Reader, adding your comments.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I agree that the band has some work to do in the lyrics department but I quite like them, checked them out through John Robb's blog http://bit.ly/7iyEch

Anonymous said...

i know the lad on the faw left is ross i went to the same school with him talked him a few times

The Red Baron said...

Thats a Lass on the far left

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.