Wednesday 12 August 2009

40 Day Dream - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

I don't know whether it's just because there's a load of people in the band but I can't help but compare Edward et al to The Polyphonic Spree. It's that hippy sound, everyone sat around a camp fire with the bus they arrived on in the background kind of feel. They made the cut for last month's playlist and since then someone associated with the band got in touch and has kindly allowed me to post this track, 40 Day Dream, which was their first single. I also now have the album so once I've had chance to listen to it more I'll hopefully give you a further run down. Judging by the tracks I've heard so far it's going to be a great summer album.


Note: Link now hosted somewhere else after box.net said it infringed copyright despite getting the OK from the record company...

No comments: