Friday 21 August 2009

Mini Album Review Week - Quick Round Up


A quick round up on the other albums I've not had chance to post about.

The Maccabees - Wall of Arms
With the help of Arcade Fire's producer clear from the very start of the album you start to forget that they actually need the talent behind them to produce that sound. A quality addition to my CD collection, with Can You Give It? as my personal favourite. They're touring all over the UK and Europe from now until Christmas.

Red Light Company - Fine Fascination
Catchy pop songs in the form of Meccano and Scheme Eugene are accompanied by middle of the road music. Sometimes you can stand in the middle of the road and nothing hits you...

MP3: Scheme Eugene (James Yuill remix) - Red Light Company

Cloud Cult - Meaning of 8
Not a new album but after playing Feel Good Ghosts to death I bought my wife (read me) their previous album, Meaning of 8. If you like Feel Good Ghosts then this is another one for your collection with highlights including Chain Reaction, Pretty Voice, Take Your Medicine and Chemicals Collide.

MP3: Pretty Voice - Cloud Cult

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Up From Below
I only received this the other day so perhaps I've not given it the listens it deserves yet. It's hippy rock, great for a road trip in the sun. They have managed something quite difficult, creating an album with a variety of songs yet not losing their overall sound.

MP3: 40 Day Dream - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

No comments: