Wednesday 13 January 2010

Eels - New Album - End Times



It may feel like it's only two minutes since I was last writing about a new album but this is in fact a new album. I'm always wary of bands releasing double albums or two albums really close together, no one has that much talent, surely? I think it's too early to say from just a few listens but I would say that there's certainly some quality in there. The problem is I keep listening out for the Mr E's Beautiful Blues but Eels are a lot more sombre than that nowadays. I guess it's a bit like when I started listening to Elbow, I kept expecting them to be Doves but they don't quite rock in the same way. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Eels are the American Elbow.

I thought I'd post A Line In The Dirt from the new album, it has the most interesting lyrics for me, sometime interesting in their simplicity, sometimes they just draw you in, make you think.

No comments: