Thursday 4 June 2009

Popped Up On My iPod This Morning

This is a band that were around in Bristol in the late nineties / early naughties. It was before I moved here and I certainly didn't hear about them at the time. In fact it wasn't until 2005 when my good friend Paolo passed me their CD and suggested they were just the type of band I like. How right he was, an indie-pop album, right up my street. I quickly got on ebay and bought the album plus sought out their new record label, they parted ways after the album, and bought their follow up EP. Sadly the EP lacked the charm of the album and maybe is a sign why the band folded.

Their music is still available on iTunes and I recommend Lemonade and New Perfume as perfect Brit Pop partners to this, the lead track off their debut album.

No comments: