Thursday 26 February 2009

Pulp - Sunrise (Used in the BBC Six Nations Adverts)

I keep meaning to write about this track every time I see the BBC advert for the Six Nations rugby. We Love Life is such an underrated album by Pulp, it is packed with quality tunes and, in my opinion, much better than the bands previous album This Is Hardcore.

I always like it when a band saves a quality track until the end of the album, one that builds up and up to a big finish. This is a perfect example of this, it starts of as quite a bland, weak song and ends with a great instrumental that can get the hairs on the back of your neck standing to attention.

If you've not heard this track before, or if you've dismissed it in the past, give it a try and stay with it, as I said it starts slowly but at the 2:29 mark the big build up starts...

MP3: Pulp - Sunrise (YSL)

I've just listened to the rest of the album again and stand out tracks are definitely Weeds, Bad Cover Version, Trees, The Birds In Your Garden and Sunrise. Can you spot a theme?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wickerman?

John L said...

Well I was thinking more the "We Love Life" album title...