Tuesday 24 February 2009

Stranger Than Fiction - Soundtrack / Mini Review


When I started up this blog the aim was to promote songs that were either hard to find or not getting they should be i.e. not mainstream. At times I've got distracted but I'd like to think that this isn't one of those times.

Stranger Than Fiction is a film that didn't get the promotion in the UK that I think it deserved, in fact we didn't discover it until we saw its trailer on a DVD we own. Its a film with a great cast, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Emma Thompson and the lead character is played by Will Ferrell. This is Will Ferrell not in his usual, churn them out, ten a penny, "Blades of Glory" performance but as an actual different character. The film is about Will's character who wakes up one morning to hear someone narrating his life and, even worse, proclaiming that he will die in the near future.

From there on it's a heart-warming tale of his life and him trying to change for the better (that sounds like the start of Quantum Leap). I'm not going to give any more away than that but I definitely recommend it. Below is the song that for me sums up the film the best and gives it that feel good, independent feel.

MP3: That's The Way We Get By - Spoon (Box link, I've dumped zshare for now) (YSL)

No comments: