Saturday 14 February 2009

Valentines Day


I should hate Valentine's Day, I really should, I was scared on a few occasions as a child as I played with fire. I remember at primary school, aged about 10, we had to make cards and then were sent in to the class room, one by one, to put our card secretly on the desk of your chosen person. I was a little shy so I put it IN the girls desk. It wasn't discovered for a week and when it was, four girls all took it to the teacher and proudly announced that it was mine. Brilliant. By the way, the picture at the top is the card Lisa Simpson gave to Ralph on Valentines day. Those were the days, when Lisa Simpson was innocent and not doing lewd acts for the London 2012 Olympics...



Anyway, I actually think Valentine's Day is a great idea and always went on the theory that you couldn't complain about not getting any cards if you didn't send some yourself. I agree it's all a money making thing and so I usually make the card and don't go over board with the present but I'd be killed if I did nothing.

If you're struggling to think of a present, why not put together a valentine's day playlist, here are some ideas:

MP3: I Love You - Dandy Warhols (YSL)
An underrated album track from them.

MP3: Ten Storey Love Song - The Stone Roses (YSL)
My favourite track off Second Coming, mainly because it reminds me of an old girlfriend.

MP3: You Are My Sunshine (cover) - Frank Turner (YSL)
I can't help but listen to this song and think of football fans chanting along to it. I'm guessing our readers from other countries don't have the same problem.

MP3: This Must Be Love - Photons (YSL)
A quality song, not to be confused with Madness It Must Be Love

MP3: That Kiss - The Courteeners (YSL)
This song has really grown on me over the past few months, may be not as instant as their other singles but definitely another quality track from them.

MP3:Baby I'm Yours - Arctic Monkeys (YSL) Taken from their Leave When The Lights Come On EP, this is a real slow, swing track. In fact it was one of our "last dance" tracks at our wedding. Ah, sorry you'll have to supply your own bucket.

No comments: