Tuesday 12 May 2009

A Song Named After You - The Studio Time Is Booked!


I recently got an email from Richard at Small Crew and somehow I managed to convince him to write a musical piece and name it after you dear reader. That's right, Small Crew who brought you the fantastic It's Not Too Late To Wait and more recently Rambling have agreed to write a song and name it after you or your home town if you prefer. What a prize. Depending on the creativity levels when they come to record it will either be an instrumental piece named after you or it will be a song with you in the lyrics. To give you a taste of what they are capable of I have re-posted It's Not Too Late To Wait and Ramblings, along with instrumental piece Sunday Strut. They will even supply the song on a CDR with its own sleeve.

All you need to do is send your name, home town and your favourite word (personally I like "flaps") to whatswrongwiththemainstream@googlemail.com. Winners will be announced on 23rd May.

Let me tell you a bit more about Small Crew, on one of my earlier posts about them I tried to guess what their location influences referred to, Richard answered those questions:

Sheffield: You missed out The Human League (up to Hysteria), Def Leppard (just Hysteria), Cabaret Voltaire, Tony Christie.

Hull: The Housemartins, not The Beautiful South (although the early singles are classics...). Also, my mum went to university in Hull.

MP3: Rambling - Small Crew
MP3: Sunday Strut
MP3: It's Not Too Late To Wait - Small Crew

No comments: